Tuesday, April 09, 2002

I've not blogged in like forever. Been thinking about working - scary, I know - and waiting to hear about a job i *really* want. Should hear this week. Made a list of all the positive job-seeking things I'll do if this doesn't work out, just to keep myself upbeat. Know that feeling (new man/job/house)... always planning ahead.

And this is how I'll treat myself if I get the job:
1 a fab entirely rose-covered hat I saw Sunday in Columbia Road Market
2 a subscription to the economist
3 a subscription to Time Out

I know what this says about me - 60% fashionista/babe, 40% stay-at-home nerd time. For sure.

In the job hunting vein, you might want to check this out:

I think my mixed (read skills-transferable, honest) background as a headhunter and researcher makes me an ideal Coincidence Designer. Don't you?
Wonder if these guys sound slightly scary... private investigators with money/attitude who don't work for women.

Found a fab wordy-uppinghood place. (showing my age/Talking Heads obsession, i know)...
particularly taken with the following words today....
e-skiving (which, frankly, is what I do like, ALL DAY, right now)
depriviation cuisine
orthorexia

and the current word count? 76,000. tragic, I know. I keep pretending to myself it's longer/better/cooler.

No comments: