Monday, April 15, 2002

A little about me...

Age: young enough to still care, old enough to know better
Live: London
Lived: all over the place
Spiritual home: Cheadle, Cheshire

(random) facts about me
1. I’m a closet geek
2. actually, I come from a long line (on my father’s side) of proto-geeks. Sometimes, I think that if my grandpa was here (he built his own stereo system in 1970) he would love the web
3. I’m not a natural redhead but lots of people think I am
4. I’ve lived in fifteen countries. I think. You know what they say: it’s Monday it must be Malaysia. If they do, indeed say that kind of thing. Whoever they are. Mostly South East Asia and continental Europe
5. I’ve been on a diet for as long as I can remember
6. I’ve only been in love once
7. I grew up in Cheshire, and am still friendly with people I grew up with
8. I like The Colour Purple. As in colour and book.
9. I’m particularly well read when it comes to black literature. For some reason.
10. I’ve seen every Woody Allen and Spike Lee movie
11. I thought the brat pack were real people. Where are they now? I hear you cry
12. I’m a vegetarian, but I’m not ethical about it
13. I’m writing a novel. It’s entirely fictional, about a 32 year old woman who’s a headhunter, living in London, originally from the north, searching for love and meaning
14. I used to be a headhunter. Not for very long – corporate is not my middle name. But ideally placed to headhunt myself a new job: unfortunately the dot.com magazine I joined in 2000 folded spectacularly six months later
15. I ought to have learned from my mistakes by now
16. I love Art Deco stuff. Even if it’s out of fashion.
17. If my house was burning, I would save in this order: the CDR of my novel, all my books (boxes and boxes of them), my grandma’s nineteen twenties dresses
18. I wish I was more tidy
19. I used to do stand-up, but now I put all my gags in the novel
20. I’ve realised since I haven’t had A Real Job that it unnerves people: how do I answer the What Do You Do? Question
21. I have two nephews, a niece and one on the way
22. I love everything to do with words...

No comments: