Tuesday, May 28, 2002

Great evening with P (although he did say if I wrote up our conversation he'd have to get it peer reviewed). We had drinks at Bam Bou (which I know used to be the No 1 Cigar Club - it's strange how restaurants are currently relaunching/rebranding like pop groups: remember that 80s (?) sketch about bands breaking up and reforming?).

I was drinking Mojitos, because they reminded me of Cuba, for some reason, and P was sensibly drinking Chardonnay. Drinking on an empty stomach is never good. Unfortunately I had too much to drink to remember the name of the cute Thai place on Charlotte Street, but they made a mean thai green curry (but then so do I).

P was tall, fabulous, funny, charming and surreally witty. As ever. Sample conversational soundbite: "Watson and Crick were the baal-shem tov of the DNA world." I'm too pissed/woozy too write anything else right now.

No comments: