Thursday, May 23, 2002

Had a mellow evening with Z, with curry in (one of my many) local curry houses. Can you believe that the Crescent Tandoori doesn't have a dedicated website? Maybe because a meal for two came to £11.50. And it's truly great food.

This is my theory: there are about six curry houses on Cricklewood Broadway, and none of them are ever really busy. And they're open till like 2am. Most of them have a 25% off if you eat in deal; I think that if they all closed down and opened up as two curry houses they could make a good living.

They are so friendly in there. Whenever I go in, they welcome me like a long lost friend (which I might be; A couple of years back - when I had a job - my team wanted to do a really cheap Christmas outing, and I said this was the cheapest place I knew. The bill came to £75 for twelve of us. Including beers. Think they thought it was Christmas). It's ironic that I'm on their Christmas card list - a group of Asian men sending someone Jewish a Christmas card, but hey, that's the multicultural society for you.

So, if you live locally (you know who you are), then please keep them in business. Can't recommend them enough.

No comments: