Wednesday, May 15, 2002

I just got back from The PowerBook at the National. Will say more about it tomorrow, as I think I need to sleep on it. Suffice it to say that it was post-modern Shakespeare meets visual fantastica and a not-quite-ready-yet cast with a technology twist. And, of course, I reserve my right to change my mind tomorrow.

We did Yo Sushi first, as the play didn't start till 2115. That's the time, not the future. Apparently a new experiment in theatre timing and delivery. I love London; walking from Waterloo to the Eye, seeing the river and the Festival Hall and the NFT, made me almost proud to be a Londoner. Which is stupid, becuase I'm from Cheshire.

On the tube home, my inner geek noticed a sleek sub-notebook poking out of S's bag (she's a management consultant, you never know when you might need to make a powerpoint presentation); I asked her if it was a Vaio or a Portege and she seemed mightily impressed that I could tell so much from such a looklet. Then she found out that I'd been online since 1993 (which I don't think is so long compared to most of my friends) and was even more impressed. I can still reel off my ever-so-memorable compuserve address which I expected to faithfully serve me for a lifetime: 101647.235@compuserve.com. Even now, it looks like home.

No comments: