Wednesday, June 19, 2002

I too got Shazam to work.

In a mini-moment, it identified the radio ben hammersley track of the day as Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan & Party performing "Allah Hoo Allah Hoo". Of course, this sounds in the right ball-park, but I have no idea if it's actually right.

But I need to have a word with the guys behind it. It's all about branding, right? Shazam, as a name, makes me think of a strange hybrid: a couple of white-stillettoed Shazzers in a Croydon club conjoined with an Israeli telecoms company. Is that the look you're looking for? It's so last year.

Oh, and I can't help imagining rooms of people flipping through directories at a rate of knots, like back-room quizmasters on a seventies TV show. I know, I know. It's the new technology dawn. We don't need people any more.

No comments: