Wednesday, July 03, 2002

Not Exactly Currying Favour Went out to Chutneys last night for A's birthday. Second choice, as the picnic in Regents Park was rained off - sooo English to talk about the weather. I hate it when it's cold, and people say "cold enough for you?" when making conversation. And there's the other seasonal variation: "hot enough for you?". I know I'm supposed to be English, but I guess I just don't have that gene.

Anyway, A has loads of friends, and he was also sharing his birthday with M. So there were like forty people. Nearly all the women had hair on the curly/frizzy/wavy continuum and nearly all the men had a number one/two haircut. Apart from A's gorgeous long hair. It's just my luck that out of all those cool people, I got seated next to a really interesting guy who filled me on his spiritual backpacking recovering from ME. "It's like a journey, yeah?" Yeah. A journey to the other end of the table to catch up with O&J who are leaving the hallowed NW6 postcode area. How dare they.

Beer was drunk. Curry was favoured. Photographic evidence will doubtless appear shortly. Though I get to veto the photos, this time.

No comments: