Saturday, August 17, 2002

Film Fun: Roundup
I don't usually like serious boy-action movies, and I'm not an Arnie fan, but I do have a 35% desire to see XXX, not least because Vin Deisel looks very cool. Hollywood has apparently dubbed him the action hero for the hip-hop generation. Which is strange, because that's what Hollywood calls me, too.

Other films I must remember to see when they come out: Blue Crush, Tadpole, Le Chateau. Oh, and Bamboozled, because I'm a huge Spike Lee fan.

And the ultimate in self-referrential meglomania? Adaptation, follows the story of Charlie Kaufman's attempt to adapt the novel "The Orchid Thief" into a screenplay. Cage's brother Donald (also played by Cage), turns him on to Robert McKee's book "Story" and associated seminar, and Cage actually attends the seminar in the movie. McKee is portrayed by Emmy-winning actor Brian Cox.

Does that mean there are no stories left, and we are reduced to writing stories about writing stories? Sheesh.

No comments: