Monday, August 26, 2002

Good weekend: serious clubbing Saturday night, got home at 6am. Got a phone call at 8am - I mean, who phones anyone that early on a Sunday morning? Even if they are like four time zones away. Last night, went out for noodles in Shoreditch with J; Touzai is a cool place, good, healthy, reasonably priced food. The only downside is they are directly above plasticpeople, and the floor beneath you reverberates like it's a train station or an earthquake or something. Not exactly zen peace.

We wandered round Shoreditch/Hoxton for a while, trying to find somewhere not-too-loud we could go for a drink, but the guy on the door at the Spiral was unfriendly, Home was closed, and eventually we repaired to J's place for a peppermint tea and more gossip. Not, of course, that I could repeat any of it here, anyway.

When you don't have a job, every weekend is like Bank Holiday, so I gave Carnival a miss - had enough dancing and groping for one weekend - and just hung out at home today, popping over briefly to M's to retreive my trainers I left at her place when we were getting ready Saturday. I know, but there my favourite trainers.

No comments: