Sunday, August 11, 2002

I'm feeling slightly ambivalent about my referrers script from Stephen's Web. I mean, obviously it's way better than any script I could write myself, because I don't know my java from my coffee when it comes to code, but it doesn't seem to work, and I can't email him. Like this morning, it says I've had 176 referrers from the Guardian in the last 24 hours, but for two weeks, the Guardian hasn't showed up at all. Or even the GBlogs site. Which is strange. So, while I'm generally untrusting, I'm specifically untrusting about the referrer data. Just doesn't feel right, y'know?

But I like seeing the aggregate information, it's interesting. And I like clicking on the extra links. But I think it might make the page slow to load. Dunno. Thoughts? Solutions?

Oh, and now I'm really going to the gym, otherwise I'll spend all morning pissing around. Later.

No comments: