Saturday, August 10, 2002

OK, had a lazy day. But then, many of my days are lazy. Went to synagogue last night, as some friends of mine run a trad-egal service, and Friday night is the shortest prayers with the best singing. It was spiritually uplifiting, and I don't say that too often. Ended up going back to M's for supper with a whole crowd and it was cool. Except I never recognise M's mother (who happened to be there) because she looks too young to be someone's mother, so she probably thinks I'm very rude.

Off to a soiree; A (not that A, another one) runs an intermittent gathering of creative types - it's in Blackheath tonight. People do all sorts of stuff; music, drumming, dance, jamming, performance poetry. Often, I use it as a place to test out new gags, but I'm not feeling very entertaining tonight. I think A thinks I'm going to do something (something funny, I guess) but I'm really not in the mood. I feel like skulking in the back row and being cold and unfriendly. I have, however, put on a lot of make-up, so no-one will recognise me anyhow.

No comments: