Friday, August 16, 2002

Phone Fun
I just called my Mum's landline, and it was answered by her neighbour. I was a little confused, and asked if she was at my Mum's house. She told me a long story about how her line doesn't work, and she's waiting for the operator to call her back on my Mum's phone, which she's lent her.

"I don't understand all this new stuff. Have you called me or her?"

"But you phone doesn't work. I called Mum."

"Well, you must have called her mobile, it's very small."

However insistent I was that I had called the landline, and that my parents have the latest in miniscule DECT phone technology and it just looks like a mobile, she was equally insistent - possibly more so - that it was a mobile. Not that it matters. Though I did confuse her when I said I'd call Mum on her other phone.

I wonder if when I get old there will be some new thing that I just don't get and I will exasperate young people with my old-fashioned mores?

No comments: