Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Saw my friends M&A (who are not a city law firm or area of practice) tonight, who've just a beautiful new baby. Luckily, A used to live in Miami, and filled me on all there is to do there: including getting a good manicure. Thank the lord.

Later, had dinner with J, her two kids, and A. J's over from Israel, and we've not seen each other for about seven years, we calculated. Although with email and IM I feel like we know more about each other's lives than if we lived next door and ran into each other ocassionally. And even though she's a mother now, two glasses of cider, and she's fourteen again. But then, so am I. I like having old, old friends; we've known each other since we were eleven, and there is something extremely relaxing and honest about someone who's known you all that time and seen you do any number of stupid things. Including spending most of my teenage years mooning over a guy who never even knew my name.

No comments: