Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Those Jobs You Were Looking For
I'm kinda unsure what to do next. I didn't get the publishing job, even though I was in the last three. They apparently thought I was wonderful, would love to work with me, but I'm overqualified, and would I like to have lunch to give them some ideas. Oh, and they'd like me to do some freelance work for them one day in the future by which time I'll probably have no money at all.

And these people, who I met on August 1st, I followed up by phone, and was told someone would get back to me. This morning, I realised it was nearly a month ago, so I called again, and was told, sorry we hired someone else. Nothing personal. Poor of us not to get back to you.

So here's the plan: I'm going to redouble (or triple) my efforts to get freelance work. Here's what I can do:
+ business-to-business marketing - publishing, conferences, professional services (especially law), headhunting, recruitment
+ event management: everything from programme creation, marketing, sponorship sales and logistics
+ business writing: copywriting... anything, really

I've made a list of all the people I can contact, and I'm working my way through it. And if you have any ideas...

No comments: