Monday, January 12, 2004

So I think I read too many blogs. Not that I do, anymore. I think I have blog inertia: I've got a spare ten minutes, I want to find out what's happening in the world and the internal world of people I know and I don't, and I surf because I'm hungry, and I just get an overload of "yays" and "cool" and kvetvhing and I realise I don't care about these people, and the little minutiae of their days any more than you probably care about mine.

Ennui. That's it. Blog ennui. Blogennui.

There really is too much information out there, and I can't remember what my friends said to me on Saturday night that I wanted to write here, because it's all mixed up with crap I read about some girl in San Francisco's argument with her boyfriend, and stuff about heebz and zeeks and modern day come-hither yiddishists and I don't even know what I think anymore.

Discerning, that's my word for 2004. I will blog-read discerningly. Frankly, the only blog I ever read with any excitement (OK, I exaggerate for effect but you get the drift) was Mike at Troubled Diva and he's gone. Perhaps sensibly, but I want to know what's happening in his life. Maybe I'll call him. See, you can get beyond the virtual.

No comments: