Thursday, February 19, 2004

Immigration and asylum are back on the agenda. And Michael Howard's been busy this morning; the Today programme at 7am, and BBC at 8am.

And, when questioned on his view, he proved quite how Jewish he is, with his passive-agressive reply: "The government's got into a terrible muddle over all this. They said nothing till I raised a question at PMQ. They've known about it for three years, but better late than never, I look forward to hearing their response."

Michael says "the BNP is a stain on our body politic" and "we have a long tradition of good race relations in this country." While I might agree with the former, I certainly don't with the latter; what about the British Government's reaction to Jews in the 30s and 40s? Viraj Mendis?. Cockle collectors? Burnley? Stephen Lawrence? C'mon, we don't care. Admit it.

Know what I can't get over? Michael Howard's father got off the boat from Romania two generations later than my family, and I don't know where he gets off on this Englisher-than-thou trip. Don't forget, Michael, from der heim, erois. Don't forget, Michael, humanity is more important than politics. Don't forget Michael, politics is for the people, not the politicians.

No comments: