Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I know what's wrong with IMAP - it's obvious. If I get up early, it doesn't like me. All technology's like that, right?

So I'm up at 6.30 to do a bunch of work and - can't get mail headers. Keeps timing out with my colo when it's trying to update headers. Exit outlook and try again - same. Try putty - tells me folder lock from process 26343, and won't let me scroll down my messages. Arrgh. This always happens when I get up early to work.

Last time - last week - by the time I'd got hold of the guys at 10ish, everything was fine, and it felt like they thought I'd made the whole thing up in a girly not-quite-geek-enough way.

Also, while we're on the subject of mail, squirrel mail doesn't work for me - so I have no interface for checking mail when I'm away from my desk anyway.

Geek rant over. Anyone got any ideas? I'm getting to the end of my tether.

No comments: