Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Give The Love, Give The Google-Juice

Sunday night, friends came over for dinner, and I cooked chilli, because that is currently my custom. If you would like my world-beating chilli recipe, which is actually my friend X's, and has proven aphrodisiac properties, then mail me. Anyway, talk turned to the internet, and I gave a brief seminar on the google algorithm, and why blogs come up higher on searches than real corporate pages (links and update frequency, is the short answer, as you know).

So I'm still higher than British Gas for most versions of a search on their Three Star Contract, and I'm doing good on Dove/Firming/advert and also, now, Jonny Freedland.

My friend just said to me, "that's the power of pagerank" and then through the power of google, I found out 27 people had said that before.

That's the power of living in a post-modern word, where google records the meta conversation, not the conversation itself.

Derrida moment over. Must go back to phoning every IT director in the known universe.

Whoops, it's lunchtime. Perhaps I'll see if they've updated the front page of the internet, yet.

No comments: