Friday, July 23, 2004

I know I'm a little late to the party on this stuff - UKIP's Godfrey Bloom's weirdness over women - but it reminded me of a story in my own life.

Two, actually.

I used to be on a large representative body for Anglo-Jewry. Once, when we were debating "the role of women" or some other such retro over topic, someone stood up and said "the role of women in my house means that if we don't wrap this up so I can get home in time for tea, my wife'll kill me."

Also, I was co-opted onto the Women's Issues Social Action Group - WISAG for short. Pronounced we-sag, like a collective of women who could have better bras. Anyway, because we were all women, unlike all the other sub-committees we didn't get adminstrative assistance, and had to take our own minutes and suchlike. I was aghast, but the other women felt it wasn't worth rocking the boat. Suffice to say I didn't last very long there.

No comments: