Wednesday, August 11, 2004

What Sasha Did

You could be forgiven for thinking that I don't get out much: I've just been busting a gut to get everything done before I go to NY tomorrow and leave my flatmate to water my plants. There are only three left.

So, for those who think that I don't do much, here's a brief summary of "recently"...

...books
A friend pointed out that from my blog it looks like I never read anything, and when you come round to my house it's heaving with books, I always have three on the go, and I read at least a couple a week. Oh, and I'm writing one. So a lucky-dip of my recent reading:
  • Save Karyn - a remarkably annoying story about a girl who overshops, and then gets web-charity and a film deal. Great.
  • Vernon God Little - he's the JD Salinger of his generation. Apparently. And I'm the, er, who am I again?
  • The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Klay - comics, Jewish stuff, what more could a gal ask for?
  • Lost Tribe - Jewish fiction from the edge, and that's where I am, so that was great
  • How I Came Into My Inheritance
  • Marsha Mellow
  • Cold Water
  • Notes On A Scandal
  • The Curious Incident...
  • A Round-heeled Woman

    ...movies
  • Mean Girls
  • Jersey Girl
  • The Return
  • Spiderman
  • Anything Else

    ... shows of all sorts
  • Royal Academy Summer Exhibition
  • Vivienne Westwood at the V&A
  • Jerry Springer the Opera
  • No comments: