Friday, August 13, 2004

When I was queuing to get on the plane, I fell into a conversation with two South Africans I thought were related because of their shared accents. Turned out they were just two South Africans who happened to be standing in the queue together. The guy was my age, maybe a little younger, a doctor, and the woman was in her sixties, and had travelled a lot.

In the few moments we shared, she managed to slip into the conversation about four incidents of near-disaster that had happened to her in her flying career. The doctor kept saying "well, maybe now's not the time to be telling us this..." but she kept on keeping on.

Never was I so glad to be turning left (I travelled premium, which I think is like business, but cheaper. But anyway, you don't have to mix with the disaster-laden hoi-poloi. I only did it because it was 10k extra airmiles, and I thought, why not?), and even more delighted to find that I didn't even have anyone sitting next to me, so I could spread out and not make polite conversation.

I think I'm rambling. Ramble, ramble, ramble.

I might try and get to MOMA tomorrow morning before I leave... or I might just lie in...

No comments: