Sunday, September 26, 2004

Piers Croke Update
I've had lots of mail from people who were upset that Piers Croke appeared to still be in his job. Just to fill the gap - the story was report in Friday's JC (although you have to be a subscriber to read it, sadly).

The gist of the story is that he gave a "fullsome apology" - digression; an English lecturer friend told me that fullsome used to mean false - and has been reinstated, but no longer has responsibility for personnel or press relations. Which, frankly, can only be a good thing. There was an anonymous mention of Ben's letter, and the response he got says Piers had been suspended.

I still haven't heard back from Pearl, the General Manager, but I'm sure I'll be the first person on her callback list Monday morning. Right.

No comments: