Friday, October 22, 2004

Oh, I don't believe it. I just called Amex because my flatmate wisely suggested I might be able to get money back from them on their purchase protection programme, for my stolen camera. Guess what? When I asked, the person I talked to was in Bombay, India. I could tell anyway, as they sounded like a telescript come to life.

And they gave me the purchase protection people. Who said I needed to report it no later than 45 days after the incident, but anyway, if it was covered on my house insurance, they wouldn't pay out. Oh, and there's a £50 excess.

What is the point of insurance? I'm just relieved I only had a £150 camera. And I know what the point is; if your house blows down or something, it's worth it, but it's not worth it for small claims. I just wanted a camera. Oh well.

No comments: