Thursday, November 11, 2004

Gives Me A Happy
The world may be about to reach energy meltdown; there might be global warming at greater speeds than we've ever known; the chances of riots/explosions in the Middle East are far greater since the announcement of Arafat's death this morning; some of the people I know are not as genuine as they might be; shit might happen on a regular basis, but there's one thing that keeps me smiling.

(Aside: I actually typed slimming there. Freudian or what?)

Freecycle. Freecycle is about giving stuff away for no reason. I love it. I'm on the London mailing list, and I get a dozen or so mails a day of people saying "I have car to give away", "I have a computer to give a way". It's fabulous. It's the way the world should be. It makes me realise things are never as bad as you think.

No comments: