Wednesday, January 25, 2006

So I'm trying to be efficient, and my British Gas Three Star contract is up for renewal and I thought I'd look into the burgeoning "homecare" market.

I have the internet, it's easy.

So I look around, and I come across Home emergency cover by Norwich Union UK. Sounds good. I can get a quote now, via the callback system. So I click, and type in my name and number, and choose "now" as the preferred callback time, as I am an immediacy chick.

A few minutes later, my phone rings. I pick it up. An electronic voice, the kind that turns your text messages into voicemail, says in variegated monotone "I am calling from [some outsourced company] on behalf of [some other outsourced company] who is not available at this time. Thank you for your call."

No, really.

Guess that's one supplier off my list.

No comments: