Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Stuart tagged me with a meme. Even though I think they're pretty much all like the old-skool Friday Five. But worse, in some memetically huge blogospherica jargon way.

Four jobs I've had:
  • typogographer in art department at manchester office of international ad agency
  • copywriter in newmedia agency I had to leave because it was like a party with the music and my trainers weren't hip enough. The "creatives" were in a different "pod" (kidney shaped table arrangement) from the "suits" and there were continuous arguments about music, like being at a party when you're fourteen
  • Writing a (bad) VBA front-end for a large series/family of linked spreadsheets that ran a huge media company. I was regarded by the board as some kind of wunderkind - "that girl who could deliver geekery, speak tech, communicate like a regular person and understand the business." I was regarded by my coworkers as "that spreadsheet nazi, who demanded 100% compliance with her lousy front-end". Not to be confused with front-bottom. In the end, I was replaced by an ERP. More expensive, and, I heard only last week, still doesn't work as well.
  • Running a media company. Old media: face-to-face events (how retro), newsletters, a little online-ness.

    Four movies I can watch over and over:
  • American Beauty
  • Dirty Dancing
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • The Breakfast Club

    Four places I've lived
  • Amsterdam
  • Singapore
  • Tel Aviv
  • Cheadle

    Four TV shows I love
  • Desperate Housewives
  • ER
  • Monk
  • House of Elliot

    Four places I've vacationed (we call this a holiday):
  • Derbyshire
  • Guatemala
  • Cuba
  • South of France

    Four of my favorite dishes:
  • humous (you knew I would say that)
  • the ravioli on a bed of rocket and pine nuts at La Brocca
  • steamed brocolli, on a healthy day
  • cheesecake

    Four sites I visit daily:
  • flickr
  • delicious
  • BBC
  • Guardian

    Four places I would rather be right now:
  • The British Library
  • Swiss Cottage Library
  • New York Public Library
  • Central Reference Library, Peter's Square, Manchester

    Four bloggers minxim and minxot I am tagging:
  • Fraser (not that he does memes, I'm sure)
  • Girl
  • Vaughn (you can do it in the comments, if you like)
  • Darren
  • No comments: