Sunday, February 19, 2006

I've just caught a glimpse of Tyra Schwarz (variously Tyra Juliette Schwarz) on American Idol.

A glimpse, is all, so I can't comment on her singing, and I don't - technically - believe in all the celebrity/reality dufus TV stuff. But what I want to say is, that she is so Standard Jewish Girl Look Number 4. She looks like a hundred people I know; attractive in an unusual way, dark hair, chutzpah, certain shape nose and eyes.

Like, once I had a flatmate who said whenever she went to a party and looked round, everyone looked like Anne Frank (pale skin, dark hair, earnest eyes, larger than desired behind (little known fact about AF, I tell you). SJGL No3. Or, the year it was the Monica Lewinsky thing, on Yom Kippur I looked along the row I was sitting on in West Hampstead's finest shul, and it was full of chubby-but-attractive girls with dark hair, wearing a lot of black, and with that dirty-wide-eyes innocence. You know what I mean. SJGL No2.

You may ask about me: I'm SJGL No5 - kinda a little bit Jennifer Beale in Dirty Dancing, a little bit Tracey Anne Oberman. Broadly, cleavage and blondish curly/frizzy hair. I know I'm SJGL No5, because about once every six weeks someone comes up to me, starts a very ernest and intimate conversation, and then it transpires they think I'm someone else. Much as I think I'm an individual.

On an entirely not related note, apparently Monica Lewinsky is doing a masters in London. I know this because she had a press conference, like all masters students. I don't know where, because I have written this sentence the the power of my memory, rather than the power of google. Rare, I know.

Yep, I'm back. Just got busy. Lots to do, lots to do. Sorry. Or soz, as I would say, apparently if I was seventeen. Like I'd also use the word boyf, and not ironically. Thank god I'm older and wise.

No comments: