Sunday, April 09, 2006

Busy day, busy day. Boutros Boutros Ghali. Peri Peri Chicken Chicken.

I'm not going mad, but I am cleaning for Pesach.

So far today, I have:
  • sold my chametz (legitimately, I might add)
  • done my Pesach shopping in three shops in Golders Green - only thing left to get kasher-le-pesach herbal tea. I have paid stupid money for stuff with hechshers on them, but hey.
  • Bought haggadot
  • About to clean my car
  • Bought lots of wine (for people we are going to seder at)
  • stopped in Starbux, crucial pre-paschal activity, of course...
Once, my (second) cousin said to me "what do non-Jewish people do on a Sunday?" meaning that we grew up in families were Sundays were largely (but not exclusively) about stonesettings and shivas. That's the price you pay for being involved in a large, vibrant community; you know more people, more people die.

I know that I'm grown up, because today I (very, extremely, sadly) am also going to a funeral and a stonesetting.

No comments: