Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Turns out I spoke too soon on the how-cool-is-this-at-Sony front.

I check the tracking first thing, and it's out for delivery today. At 10am, it says "THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE."

Weird, I was here all along.

I call my friend Amy at Sony Business, and they have attempted to deliver my shiny new laptop to Flat X, My Street, Rather than Flat X, Y My Street, Kilburn, which is the address on all our correspondence.

I'm busy writing something up today, so I'm available to receive it all day, but now Amy says it'll be tomorrow, and I'm at meetings for lots of the day, or Friday, where I am...

So, I spoke to soon. Amy said, "well, we did only say 90% delivery for Friday," and I said "what about exceeding my expectations?" and I am slightly stressed, and Amy is on the phone to people at UPS to try and get them to change the system. Which is hard. But if anyone can do it she/I can. I hope.

Because when you want something, and you are an immediately-girly, as I am, you want it. Also, I need a laptop.

Will keep you informed. If you care, I realise this is not such a big deal, really.

No comments: