Thursday, June 15, 2006

So, obviously I don't think this is how computers really work (at least, I hope I don't think this), but I appear to have, inadvertently got my laptop's wireless to work.

As with all the best solutions, I did nothing. If there's one thing I've learned over the last two and a half years (and I've learned a lot), it's that technical problems are not life-threatening, and calmness is just, well, calmer.

So I'm typing quietly, because in a tempting-fate way, I'm nervous of the Sony Vaio wireless gods hearing me and teaching me a lesson. But what I did, is this.

I turned off my laptop for two days, to "give it a rest". When I turned it on this morning, the wireless works. QED.

If you have any tech problems you need me to solve with my unique combination of limited knowledge, learned helplessness and superstition, let me know.

No comments: