Sunday, August 06, 2006

Had lunch today with my Eco-Rebbe who described himself as an eco frummer. We discussed carbon-neutralising flights, farmed fish, how the people of Tuvalu (who gave the world the .tv domain) will be the first to sink in rising oceans, apparently, and why there's not a lot of point in worrying about anything non-environmental, because our grandchildren will all be under water and have to grow gills.

I realised that I am a telecoms-Rebbe. This week I have advised two friends on telecoms contracts/mobile phones/negotiation (and that's a slow week). This is generally a lot less useful for the universe. Having said that, I also gave (when requested) gentle financial advice. But on balance, I probably received a lot more. Perhaps I should do a (net give/receive) rating, each week?

No comments: