Thursday, August 17, 2006

Just now, my doorbell rang, so I went downstairs, and a thirty-ish couple were standing there.

He smiled. In an unerving way.

"We're just talking to some of your neighbours, sharing some passages from the bible."

Terrible opening gambit. I couldn't help myself; I just laughed. And he smiled back, like, "I know I have to do this, sorry," and I said "no thank you" and shut the door.

But, terrible sales technique, don't you think? I mean, it's just not compelling. What's in it for me? I'm not entirely sure what's in it for him, either. I mean, I don't think they earn commission. I think the kiruv (sharing the good news/bringing people back) is a reward in itself. So, perhaps, it doesn't matter if he doesn't engage me.

Bloke needs training. Foot in the door, he certainly didn't get.

No comments: