Friday, September 22, 2006

I've just had a really... interesting conversation with a client's client. We've been playing telephone tag for like two weeks, and we finally got to talk . Except he had a couple of conference calls, and I have to get into my fairy (yom tov) chariot in a little while. We arranged to talk Monday.

Now, he has a... Jewish(ish) name. It's not your totally-obvious Jewish name, it's kinda-Jewish, with a sefardi edge, and on a points basis (industry he works in, sound of his voice, name etc), I decided he was probably Jewish. I mean, not that these things matter.

So at the end of the conversation, I said to him, "should I say happy new year to you?" He was a little suprised. "Er, sure," although I could hear a smile in his voice, "should I say happy new year to you?"

So we exchanged yom tov greetings, although in a pretty Anglo way. Reminds me of this piece, I wrote years ago, about how to tell if someone's Jewish.

No comments: