Friday, February 16, 2007

A couple of weeks ago, I ran into an old friend/acquaintance, and she said to me, "how are you? I haven't read your blog for ages." And I did the usual no-requirement etc. And she replied, "let me guess; you've had computer problems, you've been to the cinema..." I tuned out, actually. Does that mean I'm so... predictable? Dull? Boring?

I say this because I have diagnosed my tech problem (with both E3 and Israel help); my ethernet card is fried, for some reason. I have talked to Evesham, and the bloke on tech support, lulled into a false sense of security by my apparently knowledgable facade) tried to persuade me that I could take out the 56k model in my PCI slot and replace it with an ethernet doodar. I took the machine apart, but you need really small hands and tiny screwdrivers. I am going to pay Evesham fifty earth pounds to come with the right part and do it for me.

Only problem is, all their systems are down, so they can't book me in. And what's the guessing that they can't come till like Tuesday?

In other news, as I mentioned, I went to the cinema last night. So it's true: I'm a failed cinema buff with tech hassles. What's new?

No comments: