Friday, February 16, 2007

Financial Advice

Notwithstanding the fact that I'm - obviously - not regulated by the FSA because I'm not an IFA, I give a lot of people informal financial advice. Dunno why. Because I have become more efficient over the years with my money.

Anyway, it's coming up to new Cash ISA (and stocks and shares ISA) season, and I came across the Scarborough Building Society's MySavings ISA which I heartily recommend to you all. It pays a massive 6.3%, which beats the National Savings 5.8% and then some. You can't transfer into it, so it's just for new savers (start it from April, if you already have one for this year), and like all cash ISAs, it has a maximum of £3k. It's a regular saving plan, but that's cool, just set it up from your bank. It pays less if you make more than one withdrawl or don't save regularly, but that's fine, because you don't really want to withdraw money from your ISA, as you can't get the tax break to put it back.

For some reason, this doesn't show on the best buy tables at MoneySupermarket or on the MoneySavingExpert's article.

No comments: