Sunday, March 11, 2007

It is one am and I am awake. Generally on a saturday night this would not necessarily be a bad thing. But actually, I cancelled almost my entire weekend so that I could relax because I was beginning to think I was slightly unravelling, and thought a bit of doing nothing would be good.

For a while, I thought I was hearing voices, and then I thought I was hearing tinny music with a descarga beat, and now I realise that it's my neighbours. Playing music. It's the weekend. Live and let live, and all that. Stuff happens. And I live in zone two, the hood, these things happen.

But I would like some sleep. And I'm a sensitive flower when it comes to noise. Like, when I got my burglar alarm fitted, the sensors made annoying clicking noises everytime you moved. I called up and asked them what they could do, and the woman said they could change them, but they'd only had to do that one other time in twenty years. Who was the other guy? She wouldn't say, but he was a writer.

No comments: