Friday, May 18, 2007

See, this is what the internet is great for.

I, oddly, see the world lolcat (lolcatz)twice in a couple of minutes, and think, weird new word, what's this. So I google, and the socialogy of lolcats, caturdays, kitty pidgin etc, is revealed to me through the wonder of wikipedia.

Of course, in the olden days, all this stuff would have happened slower, and in a more distributed way (I'm at internet speed, right?. But I love it how a trend/fad can happen in a relatively short period, everyone can get it, the world can come into commom usage blah blah blah.

I once had a boss who had that cat thing. She liked cats, and had cute kitten pitctures on her desk, and if the internet had existed, then, she would have posted pictures of her kittens there.

I didn't get it then, and I think I might not get it now.

No comments: