Friday, June 27, 2008

It's been a while.

I know. I'm sorry.

What brought it to a head is that yesterday, I was lunching with a former (lovely) client in my club, darling, and I bumped into some old friends/flatmates lunching with a former college friend. I know, I know, small world (when you're Jewish). Afterwards, I ran into one of the party by the lift and he said to me, "you know, when you sat down, M said that's Sashinka, and the other guy was like wow, I love her but she doesn't write any more."

Flattered, of course, but I'm still here. And I do write.

I've been busy. I know I always say that, and I know that other people are busy too.

Here are some random things that have happened recently;

  • I bought at Asus EEE pc on which I am typing now. It's life-changingly small, but actually the keyboard's quite crap for proper writing rather than websurfing. Because it's Linux, not Micro$oft, it works straight out of the box, which is good
  • I got married. Just over a month ago. I've never been happier.
  • I have more comics in my house than I ever thought possible.
  • I launched the second edition of my show, the Virtual Worlds Forum Europe, in London in October, the meeting place for those interested in the business applications of virtual worlds, MMOs and games. it's going to be quite some party, believe me, and we've got some amazing announcements coming up.
  • Let's just say I've done a lot of baking.
  • Mostly cheesecake and chocolate chip banana bread, but other things too.
  • ...

    Anyway, we're off out for dinner, shabbat shalom, and I'll write more. Promise.
  • No comments: