I am totally addicted to this programme. I have dozens of them stacked up on the PVR, and can sometimes mainline 2 or 3 in a row.
And here's what I've learned:
- teach your child discipline by making them sweep outside your house with a handcrafted broom.
- kids - people in general - need boundaries, and often their (UK) parents are not up for enforcing them.
- everyone wants to be listened to and understood: even though they say "my parents don't listen/understand me", they eventually say "I was really really selfish and now I see what my parents do/did for me".
- you just don't get something for nothing - all the "world's" parents are very focused on working for long term rewards - and the UK teenagers seem to be very "I want it now".
- those very annoying TV voiceovers do my head in: I'm really happy to unpack the meaning of the TV show myself, I really don't need an ingratiating and largely male voice narrating every moment to me like I'm two years old.