Saturday, April 13, 2002

I was at some friends for dinner last night, and a fellow guest told a truly fascinating story about roadworks on the M11 delaying him for three hours. I considered countering with my story of lousy/failed service from Telewest (my local cable operator) culminating in my meeting with Adam Singer, but didn't; I'm aware that sometimes these stories are more therapeutical for the teller than the listener. And then, I discovered that someone else could tell the story of lousy cable service so much better than I.

Wouldn't it be better if there was just one generic tale of failed customer service in our post millennial times? It would be replete with word-plays on SERVICE, a fair amount of being on hold, and the list of all the customer service operatives you talked to, together with their inside leg measurements.

No comments: