Thursday, April 11, 2002

Really getting off on my stats tracker. 26 unique people have visited me. But then, don't you think everyone's unique? Interesting insight into what IT people call webservers... noticed that the Wellcome Trust calls its server aegis; two vaguely tech-enabled friends had no idea what it meant, but both noted that lots of servers are called that; turns out it means shield (amongst other things).

I worked with one IT Director who called all his servers after an ocean. D mentioned that he had just seen a server called Constanza. I figure it was an IT bloke naming the servers after all the women he'd ever slept with.I can just imagine this guy clubbing like crazy when the company expands, trying to keep his sex life at the same speed as corporate expansion.

No comments: