Tuesday, May 21, 2002

Gotta meeting? Call Dave I don't even know Dave Carter at 192.com, but he's written to me three times now, headed Your Meeting Next Week:

Dear sasha,
Regarding your meeting next week, and indeed any meeting you have in the future, wouldn't it be worthwhile knowing as much as you can about the people and companies you do business with?
Well now you can with UK-Info Business. Providing the low down on companies and directors, you can be forewarned and therefore forearmed - and in business that is invaluable.


If I'm going to get spam, I want it to look like spam. OK, so I signed up, it's not spam. Technically. But I object to Dave emailing me like he knows I have a meeting. And I'd definitely get a new copywriter. Sure, most people will have a meeting next week, even if it's with their manicurist (I realised this was fake becuase my freelance, er, unemployed status means I have no meetings next week): I think this comes from the Dying Soon (targted at old people for life insurance), school of copywriting and it makes me feel unwell.

No comments: