Sunday, May 12, 2002

Last night: two parties. K's glamorous boat party (though kinda scary walking along the river path at Nine Elms at nine thirty); it's a very strange experience going to a party where you don't know anyone. I have to resist the temptation to reinvent myself in such circumstances.

On the way home, crossing Vauxhall Bridge, I collided with hundreds, nay thousands of moonwalkers - women of various shapes and sizes in various states of undress. It's the Playtex Moonwalk, apparently; hence the bras. For breast cancer charities. I was relieved/interested/bemused (you choose) to behold a cross section of women's bodies, in a truly out of context setting.

Really late, I went to J&A's studio party. Debbie just got back from India, sooo cool to see her again. Her and DJ played some folka-like thing that was pretty much the below-ship music from Titanic. Two thirds of The Strumpits, half of Los Desterrados and a bunch of other people strutted their talented stuff. I decided against it, partly becuase I was (glamourously) over dressed, and partly cos I just wasn't in the mood. Sometimes - a lot of the time - it's better to just listen to other people. I'm trying to tame the performer within.

No comments: