Tuesday, June 18, 2002

I met H for a brunch-stylee thing this morning in the coffee shop formerly known as Dominique's in West Hampstead. They had an Italian flag hung over the TV, and many mediteranean looking men wearing ITALY t-shirts and smoking cool-brand cigarettes.

Now, as you know, football is not my thang - even though my cousin has written the definitive book on the business of football - and I've managed to get this far through the world cup with a certain sense of welcome oblivion, but it struck me that, if, say, you were particularly interested in Italian/Nigerian/whatever men, you could just go watch the appropriate match in a bar dressed in a suitably revealing outfit.

H recommended that I think of myself as a writer. I am a writer. I am a writer. Just trying it on for style. Don't know if it fits.

No comments: