Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Stuff I hate: I'm not in a particularly hate-enabled frame of mind, just, y'know, thinking...

1. Pretty much any LiveJournal. I just need to see what mood someone is in and what music they're listening to as they post to know that I don't want to know. You can just work on the basis that my default mood is bad.

2. People who say "must do lunch" like they're Gordon Gecko and it's 1987. Although, as we all know, he said "lunch is for wimps." But, you know what I mean.

3. Security-conscious types who have Manhattan-style cast-iron front doors and then call their bank on their mobile phone and share all their personal data with the 189 bus. Ever heard someone on a bus saying: "Martindale. 32 Westbere Road. Simmonds. Fluffy. 1973"? If you did, you just heard enough to get into their bank account.

4. When my (former) neighbours used to order cabs at three am and not say what flat they lived in. I got very friendly with the cab company. And not in a good way.

5. That under the RIP Act, They - whoever They are - can read my email, listen to my phone calls, get mobile phone triangulation data, and all without a court order. Interestingly enough, one of the organisations who can do this is the Information Commissioner, formerly known as the Data Protection Registrar. Mmm

No comments: