Friday, September 13, 2002

And people say I don’t talk about technology on my blog; but I do just in my everyday life. Right now this very minute I covered online writing styles, AIM upgrades and java runtime errors before we even got to the juicy stuff. Look:

Mark: hi - LOVED your blog today....!
Mark: the link between para 1 and 2 of the restaurant thingy was brilliant!
Mark: your writing is so cool
Mark: how many people would dare to start a paragraph with a 4 word sentence!
Sasha: thank you:-)
Sasha: you are my only fan
Mark: me and the Saginaw Valley State University!
Sasha: that is just bizarre, don’t you think
Mark: ok - on a pedantic note, I notice that when people send out emails to a huge list by bcc: they put 1 name in the To: field (normally their own). Why do you/they do this?
Sasha: i don’t know
Sasha: i just thought one should
Mark: what do you mean "should" I can't think of any technical or etiquettal reason why...
Mark: OK - new topic: What version of AIM are you using?
Sasha: i know., i should upgrade
Sasha: i have upgrade inertia
Mark: yes - the new features are only available if both parties are on 5.0.2938
Mark: UPGARDE NOW!!! (pls)
Sasha: maybe. i'll think about it. what's in it for me?
Mark: erm - improved IM functionality?
Sasha: great. i can sleep easy at night now
Mark: OK - new (old) topic: I still get a Runtime Error on your blog
Sasha: its a java error from one of my stats scripts, but i cant update right now, blogger is sick
Mark: ok - are you IMing with LGM right now...?
[conversation ensued about other less-tech more.. something else topics]
Mark: ta
Mark: l8er

No comments: