Tuesday, September 10, 2002

The Beret the Belt and the Boots

 
The desperate urge to accessorise has been with me since my teens: my family used to tease me that I had matching beret/belt/boots for every outfit (but it was the eighties. They were all suede and highwayish. If only I had them now).

So today I was in Covent Garden for a couple of meetings, and the urge to shop took hold. Bad. Results: A beautiful pair of brown velvet zebra-pattern boots, and a great little handbag from Edson at Suitcase. You can't see it very well, but he makes bags of all sizes out of old suits; this one has the suit sleeve as the bag's clasp, and a measuring tape as the handle. They are truly fabulous; he's at Covent Garden Tuesdays and Fridays and week two at Chelsea Crafts Fair in October.

All I need to do now is to do the work - I did get some this morning - to pay for them.

Oh, and I say - trend-bucker, me - brown is the new black.

No comments: