Friday, September 20, 2002

Just had a deeply strange journey home: saw The Bourne Identity with D (prefaced by some Lebanese soul food at Maroush) which was total boy-action but entertaining. The people behind me were utterly enthralled by Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje's portrayal of Wombosi. D pointed out that it has an identical plot to The Long Kiss Goodbye, but then Julie Burchill says there's only five basic film plots, so that's cool.

Anyway, got a number 16 bus home from Marble Arch (I am deeply bus-enabled now I have my own personal bus stop) which is supposed to go all the way up the Edgware Road till it gets to Kilburn. It went down the Harrow Road and then to Baker Street and Marylebone Road, temporarily became a 189 and then turned back into a 16 in lower Kilburn. All the people on the bus behaved as if aliens had landed. Got me there in the end, though.

I can't believe I'm so parochial as to write about a bus journey ferchirssakes. Stop me, someone. Please.

No comments: