Wednesday, September 25, 2002

White Teeth Update: Talking with Mike, he thought maybe some Willesden Chalfen's had made some kind of claim against Zadie Smith. Two micro-seconds later, I know there are only six Chalfens in the whole of London, interestingly spread between NW3 and N8 (all the best herbal tea drinking micro-republics, then) and none of them are called Joyce, Marcus or anything close. They are called good middle-class couple-combo names, but I'll leave them to their privacy.

I was just asking Mike if he thought I should email George Faber to get a response to the piece I wrote this morning, when he bowled me over with the fact that George's co-executive producer, Charlie Pattinson was the year below Mike in school, and they starred together in Brecht's Caucasian Chalk Circle. Though apparently Charlie starred and Mike basked in his reflected glory.

But: still no answers.

No comments: