Monday, October 07, 2002

All Yoga'd Out
After yoga, I went over to H's (not that H) and hung out and talked about writing, had lunch, and then L came over and we talked online communities, and I even built a weblog on blogspot to show them how easy it is. They were seemingly impressed by my limited knowledge (purely a matter of been-there-done-that), and I realised it's all about where you are on the foodchain. I've been at this a while, and taught myself a few basic skills, but to the outsider, I'm like, in the know.

Reminds me of how I sometimes wear a fake tattoo (or as my friend J calls it, a transfer), and some of my friends are mightily impressed that I'll even do that, and others just think I'm a complete wuss and why don't I get a real one. It's all about perspective. As Les Dawson memorably said: "I called up the swimming pool, and said 'is that my local swimming pool?' and they said 'dunno, depends where you live.'

Thanks, folks, I'm here all night.

No comments: